Thursday, July 15, 2010

QUESTION:ARE CATS WORTH LOSING VALUBLE SLEEP?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh, I'm sorry. I may not be too coherent in today's post. Why?

12:13am - Al: Meow, Meow, paw, paw, paw, paw

2:20am - Al: Meow, Meow, paw, paw, paw, paw

2:40am - Al: (Tromping on little cat feet from the left side of the bed, across my stomach, and sitting down next to me for about a minute before walking back across me and sniffing around on the left side of the bed) Meow, Meow, Meow

3:00am - Gus: Meowl!! Meowl!!!

3:45am - Al: paw, paw, paw, paw, tromp, tromp

4:00am - Al & Gus: Meowl, paw, Meow

4:10am - Al & Gus: Meowl, paw, Meow

5:00am - Al: Meow, Meow, paw, paw, paw, paw

5:10am - Al: Meow, Meow, paw, paw, paw, paw

5:20am - Al: (from the other side of the closed bedroom door) Meow, Meow, Meow

5:30am - Al: (from the other side of the closed bedroom door) Meow, Meow, Meow

6:00am - Gus: (from the other side of the closed bedroom door) Meowl! Meowl! Meowl!

8:00am - My phone rang.

I'm exhausted.

I know, see RULE #9. So when they exhibit this behavior what am I supposed to do? Yell at them? Reason with them? Skritch their fuzzy warm bellies? It's not like they were hungry. There was some food in the dish. It's not like they were looking for attention cause they didn't stick around for skritches. ARGH!!!!!!!!

But they are so darn cute and I love them, so I have to suck it up and deal. And be sleepy and cranky today. But I really need to figure out how to stop this behavior. It's not like I can take them out for a run and tire them out so they sleep all night. Stay tuned for updates to the "situation."

funny pictures of cats with captions

In other cat related news, I successfully captured the wily little suckers for our expedition to the v-e-t! I totally lulled them into a false sense of security! They weren't expecting it at all!! My plan worked!! And I emerged from it unscathed! Physically, that it. Emotionally, Gus let out the most heart-wrenching MEOWLS. It sounded like I was torturing a cat. My doorman and porter looked at me like I was this person that needed to be locked away for harming poor little innocent animals. I have a huge feeling that everyone in the entire apartment building heard the meows. Seriously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment