Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Observation: BROKEN CATS

I may have mentioned once before that my friend has decided that my cats are broken. Broken, as in they don't behave the way cats "are supposed" to behave.

For example, cats love Tuna in a can juice. Nope. Not my boyz. They take a sniff and walk away.

cat


Chicken? Nope. Turkey breast? Nope. Corn, peas, and carrots? Nope. Melon? Nope. Expensive canned cat food that smells like people food? Nope. My cats don't like people food at all. I can leave a plate full o' delicious people food on the table and walk away without any trepidation that there will be a cat tongue or two getting cat spit all over my food. They don't try to steal my food or whine when I am eating or jump onto my kitchen table. Truthfully, I kind of like it. When they were kittens, Al liked to lick cool whip off my spoon and Gus used to eat mini marshmallows. They don't anymore.

Cats love to bask in a ray of sunlight. Not my boyz. Cats love heating vents or warm spots to sleep on. Not my boyz. I've never seen them exhibit any of this common cat behavior.

cat


How 'bout boxes? Cats looooove to play in boxes. In fact, many of the cute websites refer cats to "boxhab." My boyz are definitely NOT boxaholics. When given the option of an empty shoe box or a packing box they walk away with disdain. "What about paper bags?" you inquire. Nope. Gus wants nothing to do with them and Al will deign to jump on top of the bag or paw it because it makes noise. But displaying the cute-in-a-bag-ness: nope.

funny pictures of cats with captions


The worst part of their being broken: there was a ginormous water bug on the pillow. It was like a zillion feet long. I put Al in front of it so he would protect me from it by killing it for me. He looked at it, cautiously pawed it once, and then jumped off the bed and went about his daily routine!!! Cats are supposed to protect you from evil bugs!!!!! The whole predator thing!

funny pictures

Maybe I should send them to cat boot camp. Or show them videos of how cats are supposed to act. Get 'em to behave like cats should!!

Humorous Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment